La Cabane Davout
- Political call for projects of the town of Paris
- Aux Mille Lieux
- Clémence Passot
- Julie Fruchon
Located at 37 Boulevard Davout in north-eastern Paris, La Cabane Davout offers free, fun activities led by neighbourhood associations.
In 2014, the centre decided to establish a form of graphic communication, in cooperation with partner associations, through several workshops with association members. After brainstorming together to choose a name for the centre, the participants designed a giant wood sign for the garden fence. Neighbourhood residents then built the sign during a weeklong workshop with the association Extramuros.
The “Cabane” typeface was designed to represent the centre, with a technical specification: it had to be cut from the wood without curves.
In 2015, Julie Fruchon and Clémence Passot redesigned the street entrance to the centre, creating:
- a painted mural with a map of the neighbourhood associations
- a sign with arrows displaying the hours & activities
- a terrace and a bench to store the 2,000 game piece
- a visual expression game in which participants create temporary artworks using wood “pixels”.
The game was created in summer 2015 during participatory workshops with children and teens from the surrounding area.
- 20 950 €
- 2014 – 2015
- 2 year of intervention
- Boulevard Davout, Paris, France
- Acsè: 6%
- DAC: 9%
- DPVI: 40%
- Paris Habitat: 46%